Strawberry Stand: 712-729-3301
2861 Pierce Avenue
Sanborn, Iowa 51248
Berry Tricks & Tips
Your berries will last at least 5-7 days by just following these simple steps:
- Do not leave your berries in the car for any longer than absolutely necessary and make sure that on the drive home, you leave the air conditioner on. Always put your berries in the car with you and not in the trunk.
- Refrigerate your berries as soon as you get home. Put them in a sealed container and leave them exactly as you picked them (uncapped, uncut and unwashed) in the container. It is usually best to place them in a shallow container only 1 to 2 deep.
- Do not cap, wash or cut your berries until just before you get ready to eat or use them.
- Always wash strawberries in cold water.
- Before freezing your berries, wash and cap them, sweeten as needed with a touch of sugar. Halve them and put into pint baggies or sealed containers for later use.
- To freeze berries whole -- place berries on a cookie sheet in the freezer and once frozen, put into a sealed container. This allows you to later take berries out individually.
-Enjoy Our Berries in & out of Season!-
Frozen Berry Uses
- Give children small containers of frozen berries as snacks, either straight from the freezer or partially thawed.
- Add frozen berries to smoothies.
- Add to yogurt or ice cream.
- Put berries in or over pancakes or waffles.
- Drop them into tossed salads or fruit salads.
- Add them to muffins and quick breads.
- Put frozen berries into lemonade or punch bowls.